Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

Payment cross reference
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Payment cross reference

Payment cross reference 6 years, 3 months ago #2282

A good morning to you. i was trying out payments in my sandbox and realised the amount being paid is not being cross referenced to the amount passed in my forms. for instance, i have a subscription fee of 5000 a month but when it takes me to the mobile transaction test, i put in 100 and it gave me a transaction code it just works so basically a user has paid 100 shillings for a 5000 shillings subscription. the only part that works as expected is it warning a user once a wrong transaction code is entered. is there a way i can obtain from psa pall the amount paid after redirection so that i can cross reference it with the amount in my site if pesapal doesnt cross reference it with the amount in form?

Re: Payment cross reference 6 years, 2 months ago #2299

• xinzuab
  • Fresh Boarder
jayisaac0 wrote:
A good morning to you. i was trying out payments in my sandbox and realised the amount being paid is not being cross referenced to the amount passed in my forms. for instance, i have a subscription fee of 5000 a month but when it takes me to the mobile transaction test, i put in 100 and it gave me a transaction code it just works so basically a user has paid 100 shillings for a 5000 shillings subscription. the only part that works as expected is it warning a user once a wrong transaction code is entered. is there a way i can obtain from psa pall the amount paid after redirection so that i can cross reference it with the amount in my site if pesapal doesnt cross reference it with the amount in form?

Can you show video screen or screenshot.
Last Edit: 6 years, 1 month ago by xinzuab.

Re: Payment cross reference 6 years, 2 months ago #2300

Hey Jay Isaac,

On our API, we do not show the status of the payment as part of the payment process - But we provide you the API call to check status of the payment when we call back your URL - Therefore, do NOT make the assumption that passing back to your Call Back URL means the payment is successful - That just means we have received the payment info - So you need to use the Status check API to get the status of any payment. Our Status are

COMPLETED - Meaning customer paid right amount successfully
FAILED - Customer payment failed either due to insufficient amount or Bank declined (for cards)
PENDING - Sometimes due to delay especially for Mobile money it may still be processing
REVERSED - When payment is reversed based on your request as merchant account owner

Kindly ensure you check the status on Callback URL

Let us know if you have any more questions
The following user(s) said Thank You: muoka
  • Page: