Pesapal.com

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

How do i get the amount paid to pesapal?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do i get the amount paid to pesapal?

How do i get the amount paid to pesapal? 1 month, 1 week ago #2250

The issue i am having is getting back the amount paid to pesapal,
for instance 500 is the amount to be paid , how do i verify that 500 is the amount actually paid out to pesapal?

This information seems to be missing when i query for the "Status" and get back transaction details

Re: How do i get the amount paid to pesapal? 1 month ago #2252

• komujohn
  • Senior Boarder
I believe the transaction is only marked as complete if the amount paid is equal to the amount required. If its more or less it fails.

Re: How do i get the amount paid to pesapal? 1 month ago #2253

• lazro
  • Administrator
  • Pesapal
Hello Edgar,

You need to query the status of the payments on your callback and on your IPN codes.

There are 4 possible outcomes;
  1. Failed
  2. Completed
  3. Pending - Occurs a transaction is still under processing. Mostly with mobile money as we wait for the mobile money provider to confirm the payment. We initiate an IPN when the status changes to Failed or Completed.

In case one needs to pay KES 500 and they decide to send KES 499 and use the code to complete the process, the payment will automatically be rejected and the status will read as Failed. In such a case the client/merchant can open a ticket at support.pesapal.com for assistance. Should one pay in excess, e.g KES 600, the merchant will receive the KES 500 and the excess will be sent to the client's account. In this case, the transaction will go through and a status check will return completed.
Regards,

Lazaro Ong'ele
Web Developer

+254-020-249-5438 ; +254-706-191-729
Dagoretti Lane, Off Naivasha Road.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pesapal
Twitter: twitter.com/PesaPal
Helpdesk: support.pesapal.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edgarchris
  • Page: