Pesapal.com

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

ploblem with virtuemart order status
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Pesapal integration forum!

This forum discusses everything about Pesapal integration on your web site. Having any problems? This is the right place to post a question and we are sure you will get an answer
  • Page:

TOPIC: ploblem with virtuemart order status

ploblem with virtuemart order status 10 years, 6 months ago #591

• kempanju
  • Fresh Boarder
I am developing the website which will enable a user to download the products after payment.. My problem is on how to make pesapal update the orderstatus in my website to confermed after payment have complited?

Re: ploblem with virtuemart order status 10 years, 6 months ago #597

• lazro
  • Administrator
  • Pesapal
Hi kempanju,

We have built the virtuemart plugins and can be found at:

With these two plugins, there is a read me file on how to set up the plugin. In the file we have a section on how to set up cron jobs. Cron jobs help in updating pending transactions.

However, the use of cron jobs is an older way of updating transactions. Though it works, it tends to runs frequently even when no transactions are available for update.

To improve on this PesaPal came up with an IPN(instant payment notification) which only runs when a status change occurs which is very effective.

You could either use the plugins above with the cron jobs or modify the plugins to use IPN. Below is an example of a fully working PHP example that can guide you on PesaPal's APIs including the IPN.

developer.pesapal.com/forum/2-pesapal-in...-pesapal-php-example

We shall update the virtumart plugins later to have them use IPN instead of cron jobs..
Regards,

Lazaro Ong'ele
Web Developer

+254-020-249-5438 ; +254-706-191-729
Dagoretti Lane, Off Naivasha Road.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pesapal
Twitter: twitter.com/PesaPal
Helpdesk: support.pesapal.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kempanju

Re: ploblem with virtuemart order status 10 years, 6 months ago #603

• kempanju
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply..... i will try to use IPN and crops jobs and see out the results..
My site is www.swahilitunes.com
  • Page: