Pesapal.com

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Pesapal integration forum!

This forum discusses everything about Pesapal integration on your web site. Having any problems? This is the right place to post a question and we are sure you will get an answer

TOPIC: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin)

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 9 months ago #266

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jake,
Would this plugin work for simple wordpress themes and not necessarily woocommerce?

I have a website in Wordpress and would like to integrate Pesapal.

Many thanks!

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 9 months ago #267

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
exco wrote:
the only issue i can see now is the symbol /= or kshs not showing on the product prices otherwise its working fine.

I've tested it in the latest version and all the prices show fine to me, so I'm not sure what's up, what theme are you using?

eiuser wrote:
So should I just update my plugin to the most recent version and it will be fine?

Yep

Haji wrote:
Hi Jake,
Would this plugin work for simple wordpress themes and not necessarily woocommerce?

I have a website in Wordpress and would like to integrate Pesapal.

Many thanks!

Sorry this is specifically for woocommerce.

To anyone that's interested, the plugin is now in the wordpress system wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pesapal-for-woocommerce/

if you install it from there, you will be able to update from within wordpress just by clicking update when there is a new version :)
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by Jake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lazro

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #277

• stupidy
  • Fresh Boarder
[quote="Jake" post=267]exco wrote:
the only issue i can see now is the symbol /= or kshs not showing on the product prices otherwise its working fine.

Hi Jake

Thanks for this, awesome plugin, just what I had been searching for.

I am having the same issue as exco above, no currency symbol next to the price.

I am using WP 3.5.1, Woocommerce 2.0.4, Woocommerce Pesapal Payment Gateway 0.0.4 and a theme called Bellissima 4.1 for woocommerce. The test site is at www.ken-dor.com. Any ideas why this might not show up?

Thanks in advance

Steve :)
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by stupidy.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #325

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jake
Thanks for the plugin! Much awaited!

I have installed it and set it up with the demo keys. When checkout, i get to the pesapal payment options page where i have the visa mastercard e.t.c. After filling out e.g Mastercard, I do not get the 'complete' button.

Is this normal in the sandbox? or should I be getting that button to complete the transaction?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #326

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jake,
I purchased a woocommerce theme which does not have the Kenyan Shilling in its currency database. Therefore, I modified the functions.php file to add that. The theme therefore has all its prices in KES.

After installing the woocommerce pesapal plug in, I realised that the symbol is /= and not KES. So i replaced /= in the gateway.php file to KES.

I was expecting this to work but it did not, giving me the following error

Problem: parameter_absent | Advice: > oauth_parameters_absent | oauth_consumer_key&oauth_signature_method&oauth_signature&oauth_timestamp&oauth_nonce

Could you please help? Many thanks.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #327

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Haji wrote:
Hi Jake
Thanks for the plugin! Much awaited!

I have installed it and set it up with the demo keys. When checkout, i get to the pesapal payment options page where i have the visa mastercard e.t.c. After filling out e.g Mastercard, I do not get the 'complete' button.

Is this normal in the sandbox? or should I be getting that button to complete the transaction?

Many thanks in advance.

Yes this is not to do with the plugin, it's to do with pesapal. Not sure if it should happen.

Haji wrote:
Hi Jake,
I purchased a woocommerce theme which does not have the Kenyan Shilling in its currency database. Therefore, I modified the functions.php file to add that. The theme therefore has all its prices in KES.

After installing the woocommerce pesapal plug in, I realised that the symbol is /= and not KES. So i replaced /= in the gateway.php file to KES.

I was expecting this to work but it did not, giving me the following error

Problem: parameter_absent | Advice: > oauth_parameters_absent | oauth_consumer_key&oauth_signature_method&oauth_signature&oauth_timestamp&oauth_nonce

Could you please help? Many thanks.

Hi, my plugin adds KES and the the symbol, perhaps it's not playing nice with your change, try removing the currency addition code in you functions.php file.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #328

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I've been busy, no time to work on the missing currency symbol issue, I'll work on it as soon as I have some time.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #331

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick reply!

Would it be possible to replace the '/=' symbol with KES without breaking the plugin function?

Thanks.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #332

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Haji wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Would it be possible to replace the '/=' symbol with KES without breaking the plugin function?

Thanks.

Add this to your themes functions.php

add_filter( 'woocommerce_currencies', 'add_kenya_shilling' );
add_filter('woocommerce_currency_symbol', 'add_kenya_shilling_symbol', 10, 2);

function add_kenya_shilling( $currencies ) {
$currencies['KES'] = __( 'Kenyan Shilling', 'woocommerce' );
return $currencies;
}

function add_kenya_shilling_symbol( $currency_symbol, $currency ) {
switch( $currency ) {
case 'KES': $currency_symbol = 'KES'; break;
}

Hopefully that should work without breaking, or being overridden by my plugin.
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by Jake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haji

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #333

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! Have done that..

Testing that and the KES added to the theme gives me the following error

Would you know what this means?

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #334

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Haji wrote:
Thanks! Have done that..

Testing that and the KES added to the theme gives me the following error

Would you know what this means?

Changing the currency code couldn't really produce that error, was it fine before? The error indicates that you may not have put your consumer key in the settings page.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 8 months ago #335

• Haji
  • Fresh Boarder
Well...I have rechecked the demo keys and have also registered a new account and got a new set of keys. I still get the same error.

Its frustrating...:(

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 7 months ago #376

This is just awesome! Thanks for developing this.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 7 months ago #391

• Aernout
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem as described here above:
After clicking on Pay, I am re-directed to the pesapal website, where this happens:

What goes wrong where?

Also: on the WordPress Plugin page it says this:
3. Place <?php do_action('plugin_name_hook'); ?> in your templates

How, where?

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 7 months ago #392

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Haji wrote:
Well...I have rechecked the demo keys and have also registered a new account and got a new set of keys. I still get the same error.

Its frustrating...:(

Aernout wrote:
I have the same problem as described here above:
After clicking on Pay, I am re-directed to the pesapal website, where this happens:

What goes wrong where?

Also: on the WordPress Plugin page it says this:
3. Place <?php do_action('plugin_name_hook'); ?> in your templates

How, where?

I was about to look into this, and add IPN support. But the demo site is down for me at the moment.

Place <?php do_action('plugin_name_hook'); ?> in your templates

I don't know how that got there, must have added it by accident, as it's not required. It will be removed in a future update.

ALSO Could people in future submit any issues they have with the plugin to github.com/Jakeii/woocommerce-pesapal/issues. They are easier to keep track of there. THANKS