Pesapal.com

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Pesapal integration forum!

This forum discusses everything about Pesapal integration on your web site. Having any problems? This is the right place to post a question and we are sure you will get an answer

TOPIC: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin)

PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 7 months ago #242

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I developed this plugin for a project and decided it release it. (Not sure if this is right category!)

Download: wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pesapal-for-woocommerce/

More information: jakeii.github.com/woocommerce-pesapal/

Here's the readme:

Pesapal Plugin for Woocommerce beta - Version 0.5.0
Simple and easy to use plugin for pesapal.com payment gateway.

This plugin is in BETA and I would not recommend using it in a production environment without thorough testing.

Please raise any issues though github, thanks.

If you like this plugin consider donating a few bob for a coffee :)

Requirements
(Same as Woocommerce)

• Wordpress 3.3+
  • PHP 5.2.4+
  • MySQl 5.0+

Installation
Install by simply searching for the plugin within the wordpress plugin repository.

OR

• Clone the repo or download the zip and copy the woocommerce-pesapal directory to the /wp-content/plugins directory of your wordpress installation.
  • Enable the plugin in Wordpress.
  • Enter your consumer and secret key in the Payment Gateway section of the Woocommerce settings page.
  • Enable the gateway.
  • Test before production!

Note
Not using an iframe has been disabled/removed because it causes to much trouble.

It is recommend that you enable IPN in the plugins settings page, as there are some issues with checking periodically for order updates.

Licence
Copyright © 2012 Jake Lee Kennedy, Licensed under GPLv3

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3, as published by the Free Software Foundation.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USAv
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Jake. Reason: Update to 0.5.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirui, markm, lazro, Haji, kaiguara

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 7 months ago #245

• kaiguara
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot. God Bless You. I cant wait to try it out. Have been waiting for this.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #249

• frokem
  • Fresh Boarder
Great work you have done Jake by developing the plugin. Wanted to find out if there are any updates on bugs and if it can be used in production.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #252

• exco
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there an easy way to change woocommerce currency to kenya shillings? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #253

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder

Great work you have done Jake by developing the plugin. Wanted to find out if there are any updates on bugs and if it can be used in production.

Hi, there are no other bugs that I'm aware of, I am about to put it into a production environment and I'm confident it will work just fine.

Is there an easy way to change woocommerce currency to kenya shillings? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, there is code in the plugin that adds kenya shillings, the following if you're interested:
  //Woocommerce doesn't have KES by default so add it if not already added
add_filter( 'woocommerce_currencies', 'add_kenya_shilling' );

function add_kenya_shilling( $currencies ) {
if(!isset($currencies['KES'])||!isset($currencies['KSH'])){
$currencies['KES'] = __( 'Kenyan Shilling', 'woocommerce' );
add_filter('woocommerce_currency_symbol', 'add_kenya_shilling_symbol', 10, 2);
return $currencies;
}
}

function add_kenya_shilling_symbol( $currency_symbol, $currency ) {
switch( $currency ) {
case 'KES': $currency_symbol = '/='; break;
}
return $currency_symbol;
}

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #254

• exco
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Thanks Jake found the currency.

I am trying to activate pesapal as a payment gateway, but every time I check the box, enter both keys and click save, nothing happens. It refreshes the page and pesapal is not selected as active.

What could be the reason for this? Is it because I am using woocommerce 2.0.1?

I'm baffled.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #255

• eiuser
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Jake. Great work on this plugin. An absolute beauty. I have successfully set it up on my website and it looks like its working like a charm:

http://elearning-innovations.com

Quick one, if I want to change the currency from Kenyan Shilling to US Dollars, where would I need to make the change?

Thanks again for a great plugin!

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #256

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
exco wrote:

I am trying to activate pesapal as a payment gateway, but every time I check the box, enter both keys and click save, nothing happens. It refreshes the page and pesapal is not selected as active.

I'm baffled.

Ah, woocommerce 2 just came out today and I haven't tested with it yet, I'll get on that asap and fix any bugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaiguara

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #257

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder

Hey Jake. Great work on this plugin. An absolute beauty. I have successfully set it up on my website and it looks like its working like a charm:

elearning-innovations.com

Quick one, if I want to change the currency from Kenyan Shilling to US Dollars, where would I need to make the change?

Oh dear, forgot about dollars! I've added the code that will use what currency you choose in woocomerce rather than just KES. But I haven't uploaded the changes because I can't test it yet as the demo api seems to be down!
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by Jake.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #258

• eiuser
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed the same. been down for a few days now.

Any other way we can test the same? Would really like to sort this out ASAP.

Jake wrote:

Oh dear, forgot about dollars! I've added the code that will use what currency you choose in woocomerce rather than just KES. But I haven't uploaded the changes because I can't test it yet as the demo api seems to be down!

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #259

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
eiuser wrote:
I noticed the same. been down for a few days now.

Any other way we can test the same? Would really like to sort this out ASAP.

Jake wrote:

Ok, I tested it on the real gateway and it worked fine, the download link should be updated.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #260

• Jake
  • Junior Boarder
exco wrote:

I'm baffled.

I have now fixed this issue, please update!

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #261

• exco
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Jake, Its now working fine!!

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #262

• exco
  • Fresh Boarder
the only issue i can see now is the symbol /= or kshs not showing on the product prices otherwise its working fine.

Re: PesaPal plugin for Woocommerce (Wordpress plugin) 5 years, 6 months ago #263

• eiuser
  • Fresh Boarder
So should I just update my plugin to the most recent version and it will be fine?