Pesapal.com

Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username
Password:

PesaPal API Reference
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Pesapal integration forum!

This forum discusses everything about Pesapal integration on your web site. Having any problems? This is the right place to post a question and we are sure you will get an answer
  • Page:

TOPIC: PesaPal API Reference

PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #172

• imooch
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any other way of getting the API key
I have been trying for days but the page does not open and i keep getting an error :An error has occurred.
The requested page cannot be found.
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.
#404 Category not found
Almost giving up now.

Re: PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #174

• lazro
  • Administrator
  • Pesapal
Hi imooch,

Which API key are you trying to get?

For the live platform [https]://www.pesapal.com Once you register a business account you will receive the keys in your email. Note the personal account is the buyer account hence no key is sent.

If its in our sandbox platform [http]://demo.pesapal.com , since we dnt send email, you can access the keys once you login to you account. On the dashboard check the bottom most part and you will see the keys.

If this is what you are doing yet you are getting the same error please send me a screenshot of the error.

regards,
Lazaro
Regards,

Lazaro Ong'ele
Web Developer

+254-020-249-5438 ; +254-706-191-729
Dagoretti Lane, Off Naivasha Road.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pesapal
Twitter: twitter.com/PesaPal
Helpdesk: support.pesapal.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #175

• imooch
  • Fresh Boarder
I have registered to both personal and developers platforms.
I thought the API key is for developers only' I have running an E-commerce website and i would think i need An API to integrate my website with the pesapal,Mpesa account.
Am using the same email add and phone no in both accounts. Do i need a different phone no and email address?
Could you pls send me a link to 'The Merchants page because i have gone through the whole website it's just too confusing

Re: PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #176

• lazro
  • Administrator
  • Pesapal
Hi,

Send me the name of the merchant and the email you have registered with on [https]://www.pesapal.com. Need to confirm what type of account you opened. Use my email address This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. / This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If it is a merchant account (opened by choosing business account, demo or live platform) login to your account, check at the bottom section of the site. You should see consumer key and consumer secret. Else if its a buyer account (opened by selecting personal account, demo or live platform) You will not see the keys since only merchant or business owners are issued this.

The keys are not for the developers only. Ideally this is used to identify the merchant and each has a different set of keys.

Note that the sandbox is a prototype of the live site and to use any you have to open accounts seperatly.

regards,
Lazaro
Regards,

Lazaro Ong'ele
Web Developer

+254-020-249-5438 ; +254-706-191-729
Dagoretti Lane, Off Naivasha Road.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pesapal
Twitter: twitter.com/PesaPal
Helpdesk: support.pesapal.com
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #177

• imooch
  • Fresh Boarder
Email sent.

Re: PesaPal API Reference 11 years, 4 months ago #179

• imooch
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry to say this but in my own opinion the pesapal website is not user friendly at all.
By the way for those who are as confused as i was.

here is the sand box test page.
demo.pesapal.com/account/register
To register as a merchant simply 'UPDATE URL' by removing 'demo' on the url i.e
www.pesapal.com/account/register

'So much..... for the 'customer care'.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by imooch. Reason: none
  • Page: